Guernsey 4 star self catering
About Mas Des Sables
Nick & Irene, together with our sons Rowan & Tobar, would like to welcome you to our four star self catering seaside cottages in Grandes Rocques, Guernsey.
Nestled between two award winning idylic beaches on the picturesque west coast of Guernsey and only moments away from the shops and amenities of Cobo village, our cottages are perfect for family holidays, relaxing getaways, and peaceful escapes in the sun.
Our five granite cottages sleep six adults and are ideally appointed to ensure a perfect holiday for you and your family.
Each features two upstairs twin bed rooms, a downstairs double bed room with a attached en suite w/c, a compact lounge/diner with large screen TV and DVD player, fully equipped pine kitchen with microwave and dishwasher, bathroom with thermostatic bath/shower, central heating, fresh linen and electricity included.
To ensure a comfort and convenience, we also provide private on-site parking in our courtyard for each cottage, a laundry room with washer, drier, iron, and telephone, outdoor furniture and barbecues for those days where you just don't want to stay indoors.
We've made sure that our cottages have been designed and equipped to the standard that we ourselves would like to stay in to ensure you have the holiday you deserve here in Guernsey
For the sake of other visitors we do not allow guests to bring any animals or any pets. The cottages are non-smoking but for the convenience of smokers ashtrays are provided outside on the hardwood tables in the patios where guests are permitted to smoke
Our cottages are traditional granite buildings designed to feel like your home away from home, providing all of the conveniences one would expect within a modern household. Each cottage has two twin single bedrooms, and a double bedroom with en-suite w/c, as well as a sizable kitchen-diner, lounge area, and bathroom.
Each cottage provides the following facilities for our guests
TV, DVD player, & Freesat
Fully equipped kitchen with stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer & full compliment of utensils & crockery
Thermostatically controlled power shower & bath
Free internet via Wi-Fi
Full wardrobes and drawers in every bedroom
Outdoor hardwood furnished patio area with barbecue available
Full insulation & double glazing for comfortable climate control
Full safety features including smoke alarm, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, and fully opening windows for our guests safety
In addition, we also provide the following on site facilities:
Off street courtyard parking for one vehicle per cottage
Fully equipped utility room with washer, drier, & ironing boards
Fresh linens & bathroom towels (beach towels not provided)
Outdoor drying lines to take advantage of the fresh air and sunny weather
A number of beach toys for the kids subject to availability
A selection of books and games for inclement weather
Coin operated telephone
We are located on the picturesque west coast of Guernsey, nestled between two beautiful award winning beaches.
Take a right from our cottages to go to Port Soif bay, a beautiful sandy cove popular amongst families for swimming at high tide, or wading the myriad pools teeming with life during low tide. With few rocks, soft sand, and shelter from the elements, Port soif is an ideal beach for a family to rest and play.
Take a left to go to Grandes Rocques bay (prounounced Grand Rock), a long beach capped with the historic Grandes Rocques fort on it's northernmost point. With it's sprawling sands and towering rocks perfect for exploring during the day, and it's idylic scenery perfect for an evening stroll watching one of our incredible sunsets (as pictured in the video to the left) Grandes Rocques really is a treat to behold.
We're also conveniently located next to Cobo Butchers, grandes rocques & roll bar, and cheers, who provide fresh cuts of meat, grocery essentials, delicious ready to eat sandwiches and rolls, and the odd bottle of wine for those summer evenings. Additionally, we are adjacent to a bus stop that allows easy access to St. Peter Port (or Town to the locals) throughout the day.
A few minutes walk to the south along the beach or coastal path lies Cobo Village where you'll find a larger grocery store, as well as Cobo Village Center, a general store and newsagents stocking essential beach supplies. Cobo is also home to Guernsey's highest rated and most lauded fish and chip shop at the cobo fish bar, an award winning fine dining restaurant at the Cobo Bay, and probably Guernsey's favourite pub, the Rockmount.
Guernsey is filled with sights and attractions for everyone. Our beautiful island is home to more than just perfect beaches.
Our island is packed with history, from the occupation by Germany during the second world war, to forts and structures stretching back hundreds of years, as well as the museums that document our varied past.
St. Peter Port, our town, has world class shops and restaurants, allowing you to shop and eat in style on our beautiful seafront.
Home to a unique ecosystem, the island is full gorgeous parks, coastal walks, and natural heritage. From Bluebell wood through to Saumarez Park, there's beauty that could keep you exploring for holidays to come.
For our more active guests, Guernsey has an enormous amount of sports & adventures, from archery, to climbing, horseriding, surfing, power boating, and so much more.
We have a full selection of brochures for our island's sights and activities on site, and would be happy to chat to you about what our island has to offer.
Grandes Rocques bay
The Fairy Ring
Shopping in the Old Quarter
Surfers at Portinfer
Fort Houmet, or the Cup and Saucer
Prices & Terms
Four Star self catering cottages, licensed for 6 adults. Babies up to 12 months of age are accommodated free of charge in their parents bedroom. A cot (baby weight up to 14 kg) and high chair can be pre-booked at a cost of £26. Children aged 9 or under up to a total number of 8 people in a cottage can be added and must be pre-booked at a charge of £90 per child . (The chart below highlighted in blue shows the total costs including extra child or children**). A Z-bed can be provided for other reasons, must be pre-booked and will be charged at £90. Accommodation is ready for visitors by 3.00 pm and guests must be clear by 10.00 am sharp on departure date. Bookings are from Sat to Sat or Wed to Wed.
Terms of booking
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of accommodation cost will secure your booking. The balance is due at least eight weeks prior to your arrival, in default of which the reservation may be cancelled. There are no refunds for cancellations less than 8 weeks prior to the booking unless we are able to rebook that cottage. The signed reservation form denotes a contract and you are advised to insure against possibility of cancellation and for medical insurance as there is no reciprocal arrangement with the UK to cover medical costs in Guernsey. We also strongly advise that insurance is taken out for injury, loss or damage to guest’s property while on the premises as no responsibility can be accepted by Mas Des Sables Seaside Cottages owners. Please note that only those named on booking forms will be accepted as guests in the cottages – any guests not named in reservations may be turned away. For the sake of other visitors we do not allow guests to bring any animals or any pets. Any breakages or damage must be reported to the management straight away who will decide if reimbursement for such breakages or damage is required and to enable management to rectify any problems before the next guests arrive. The cottage should be left in a clean and tidy condition and the beds stripped of linen and rubbish put out in the appropriate bins with the sacks tied at the top. If not left clean and tidy we reserve the right to make an extra charge. The cottages are non-smoking. Only one car parking space is guaranteed per cottage and any further vehicles may have to park at the nearby public car park..
Mas Des Sables,
Telephone: 01481 253323
Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure your visit to Mas Des Sables, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to your arrival
· Directions to Mas Des Sables can be found on our website (see above) or can be posted to you on request. A location map is automatically provided when balances for bookings are made.
· Please given an estimated time of arrival so that we can meet you. At the same time please let us know your mode of travel and arrival time in Guernsey. This time allows us to monitor the harbour and airport websites to see if any delays are being incurred. On Arrival at Mas Des Sables
· We guarantee one parking space for each cottage. If you have more than one vehicle we will do our best to accommodate the second vehicle but there is a possibility that this 2nd vehicle may have to be parked in the local parking area just across from the road form the cottages.
· We are more than happy to assist you in transferring your luggage from your car into your cottage if requested to do so.
· A guided tour of the property will be given and all facilities explained.
· The properties are two storey and, although a foldable wheelchair could be used with difficulty in the sitting room and main bathroom, the entrance hall and bedrooms do not provide sufficient room for a wheelchair to turn. There is also a step into the cottage which means that everyone entering the cottage must have enough mobility to traverse the entrance step and entrance hall.
· A en suite wc and sink are off the downstairs double bedded room and the main bathroom with bath and shower above plus toilet are off the kitchen/ lounge. A rubber mat is provided for the bath to ensure clients do not slip while showering.
· Floor coverings in the bathrooms are tiles and there are no rugs.
· All doors and corridors are standard width and therefore is insufficient width for wheelchairs. Adjustable width zimmerframes are necessary. The doors to the sitting room/kitchen area are self closing.
· There is one step from the parking area into the cottages.
· Access to the property is via the front door with a frame height of 6’ 6”.
· The ground floor kitchen/dining/seating areas of the cottage are open plan with no inner doors.
· There is ample movable seating and the dining area is served by a breakfast bar with stools with backs.
· All areas are well lit. Outside there are pri automatic outdoor lights to each cottage.
· The main bedroom has an en suite wc and basin.
· Two fire alarms, one fast heat rise in the kitchen and one smoke sensor covering the entrance hall/stroke landing. The fire alarms give a high pitch alarm and does not have flashing lights. Laundry Room
· There is a laundry room on site for the use of guests which has 2 washing machines and 2 tumble driers. These machines are not coin operated and clients are asked to use the washing lines situated between the cottages when the weather permits.
· There is a payphone located in the laundry room.
· Also located in the laundry room are books, games and beach toys for the use of guests.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, however we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information we provide. If you require further assistance please call 01481 253323.